Time to unite for this year 30th National Volunteer week .
National volunteer 30th Anniversary which is celebrated annually is back from 1st to 7th June 2018.
Residents can be great help to the community through volunteering which will benefit people of Lambeth.
In the month of June the volunteers achievements are acknowledged during the National Volunteer Week, it is also a time when more people are encouraged to volunteer to help improve Lambeth borough.
Establishments in the vicinity of Lambeth like Citizen Advice, Age UK, Health Watch and Volunteers Lambeth Drug are asking for people who are able to commit at least 3 days a week from their schedule to join these wonderful establishment.
The volunteer week scheme is a way for the public to be more aware on how such establishment work and the duties that is required. It is a very good way to boost confidence and work in an unfamiliar field.
Reasons why young people should volunteer:
- The National Volunteer week is a great opportunity for young people who want a career in a specific field, if they do volunteer they are provided to work in their chosen department where they can explore everything and get information.
- It can develop your marketable skills and also build new networks which you can use in your career life.
- It can help boost your social life by meeting new people you can socialize with and also help you live longer from learning healthy living.
- There are a lot of great achievements you can gain from dedicating a few hours of your time so, if you do want to be a part of the ongoing volunteer week you can proceed by visiting Love Lambeth blog, Volunteer Centre Lambeth, and www.do-it.org.uk where you can be linked directly to an establishment that suites you.
- Get moving people to learn new things.