Lambeth Councillor speaks to students after Streatham attack
Mohammed Seedat, Cabinet member for community safety at Lambeth Council, spoke out yesterday, 6th February at Lambeth College in regard of the communities response after the tragedy that took place last Sunday on Streatham High Road.
Mohammed was surprised receiving a call from his work colleague who was enjoying a Sunday lunch with his family at the pub located just in front of the horrific scene, he said during the interview.
“Someone has been hurt badly” his colleague told him over the phone.
“Firstly I thought it must have been a gang-related-shooting“, a few moments after he realized it was not an ordinary incident – Streatham had been victimized by a terrorist, Suddesh Amman, his name.
WHAT WAS THE REACTION OF THE COUNCIL MEMBERS AFTER RECEIVING THE NEWS?
Streatham’s community is now under shock, is frightened and on another hand expects a higher security provided by the respective bodies protection.
The councillor suggests that “there shall be a revision for a better information sharing between security services and authorities” and he also demanded for help from above, requesting the Government to raise their current funding as it seems for the Council the only possible way to make Streatham a safer place to live in.
Suddesh Amman, Streatham terrorist was only 17 when he started collecting terror material. According to reports he also encouraged his girlfriend at the time to behead her own parents. In 2018 he was convicted and let free a week before he committed an attack on Streatham High Road.
DO YOU THINK IT WAS REASONABLE TO LET HIM COMPLETELY FREE?