Two teenagers stabbed in Islington

Two teenagers left in life threatening condition after being attacked in North London, both stabbings are being treated as linked.

On Monday 6th of May, the police were called to a stabbing around 5:30pm on FairBridge Road, N19. A 17 years old teenager was found at the scene suffering from severe stab injuries.

The police described his present condition as ”serious but stable” after receiving medical attention.

Another stabbing was reported 10 minutes after the stabbing of the 17 years old boy on Fairbridge Road. The second victim believed to be 18 years of age was stabbed on Sussex Road, N19. he was also taken to the hospital where he received medical attention and his present condition was being described as ”no longer believed to be life threatening” says the police.

Investigation has been launched as both cases are being treated as linked.

The police also released a statement saying ”There will be an increased police presence in Islington following these stabbings. A Section 60 order has been authorised for the borough of Islington until 07:00AM on Tuesday, 7 May.”

The police has also urged the public to come forward if they have an information that could help the investigation to call 101 quoting CAD 5043/06may, to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Second man charged with the murder of Jaden Moodie

A 21 year old man has be charged with the murder of Jaden Moodie who was stabbed in East London earlier this year.

The 14 year old who was knocked off a moped before being attacked and stabbed  in Walthamstow on January 8th 2019 , he was treated by paramedics but was later pronounced dead at the scene.

Ayoub Majdouline, 18, from Wembly area was previously charged with the murder Jaden.

Yousuf Doubbad, 21, from East London, is also being charged with the same offence and is expected to appear at Thames Magistrate Court later on Friday.

The case is due to be sent to the Old Bailey on Tuesday when the trail is confirmed.

Two Men Arrested After Two Bodies Discovered in Freezer in Canning Town

Two men have been arrested after two women’s bodies were found in a freezer at a flat in Canning Town East London.

Officers investigating have said two men aged 50 and 34, have been detained following the discovery of the bodies.

Detectives launched a murder enquiry after the gruesome discovery and are still trying to formally identify the deceased.

The remains were found by officers when they were called to Vandome Close, Canning Town.

On Tuesday, 30 April, a 34-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and taken into custody.

A 50-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder on Monday, 29 April remains in custody.

There are fears that one of the deceased may be Mary Jane Mustafa, 38, after she vanished mysteriously last May.

AAAIz37
Fears arise as mother of two, Mary Jane Mustafa hasn’t been seen since last May. (© Provided by Independent Digital News & Media Limited)

The last time she had been seen was in May 2018 on her way to the shops with just £3 and her phone in her pocket.

Her older sister told the MailOnline today: “It’s my baby sister… I can’t believe she is dead.”

The owner of the flat in East London is known according to the neighbours as a registered sex offender.

As part of police work to identify the deceased and trace their next of kin, the suspects have been held at a police station in East London.

Following concerns about the welfare of an occupant, police were called to a flat on Friday 26th April.

To help the investigation, police showed photos to the residents to try and help formally identify the deceased.

She was always nice, charming,” said one resident, who added that the woman had a history of drug abuse.

AAAJ4uU
© Provided by Independent Digital News & Media Limited Police at the scene in Newham today (Jeremy Selwyn)

Local councillors were walking around the area near Custom House station to reassure residents and collect facts.

Cllr James Beckles, the cabinet member for crime and community safety said:

“This was a horrific crime and the council is working closely with the police to get to the bottom of it,”

“We’re encouraging residents to provide evidence to police confidentially.”

The discovery of the bodies left nearby residents shaken.

One man who lives in the block and who did not want to be named, said:

“I’m astonished, it’s a little community. We’re all tight-knit around here, everybody knows everybody.”

A spokesperson for the met said: “A crime scene is in place and we would encourage anyone with information about what may have happened at this premises to contact police on 101, quoting CAD 4303/26APR.”.

 

 

 

 

Man and Woman from Mitcham Charged with Murder of 1 Month Old Baby.

A man and woman have been charged with murdering a one-month old baby.

One-month-old Eva Sanders died on 2 September 2017 after being admitted to hospital the previous day.

Her parents, Clare Sanders, 42 and Tomas Vaitkevicius 44, were summonsed to appear at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court on 30 April.

The pair of Streatham Road CR4, Mitcham have been charged by postal requisition on 3 April with murder and causing/allowing the death of a child.

579px-New_Scotland_Yard_sign_3
The pair have been charged by postal requisition, Scotland Yard said ( Google)

The death was originally treated as unexplained but later deemed to be suspicious.

The charges comes almost two years after baby Eva Sanders’s death.

Police were called to a property in Streatham Road, Mitcham, and found the child unresponsive.

She was then rushed to hospital and placed on life support on September 2017.

Man suspected of abducting two women identified

The police have identified a man who was suspected of abducting and raping two women as Joseph McCann.

After the abduction of two women in North London, one in Chingford the other in Edgware on April 25th, police release CCTV images of a 33 year old suspect.

https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/1122560647370293248

 

He is described to be 5ft 10inches tall with blue eyes, a bald head and light coloured short beard.

He has a slight Irish accent and is know for using fakes names like Joel. He has links to  Watford in Hertfordshire, Aylesbury in Buckingham-shire and Ipswich in Suffolk according to the police. 

The police have urged the public to be very careful that he is dangerous and could be wearing a disguise and using false-names wherein ”he is a risk to the public and we ask people not to approach him, but instead call 999” says Detective Chief Inspector Katherine Goodwin.

 

 

London Marathon 2019: Kenya Reigns Supreme

London Marathon winner, Eliud Kipchoge ran the second fastest marathon in history, in 2 hours and 38 seconds.

As the London Marathon came to an end on Sunday, Mo Farah was beaten by Eliud Kipchoge and his compatriot Brigid Kosgei.

Both winners, reigned supreme for the Kenyan team as they won the men’s and women’s elite race in record time.

Ethiopian Mosinet Geremew finished second in 2:02:38.

Eliud Kipchoge now owns the two fastest times ever.

The Kenyan said, the key to his success is ‘to love the sport and train in a positive way’.

Brigid Kosgei, 25, broke the record for the youngest female to win the London Marathon, displacing Ethiopian Aselefech Mergia who won in 2010.

Disappointment for Mo Farah however, despite his determination to win his first London Marathon after coming third last year.

Mo Farah’s hopes of winning the 39th London Marathon disappeared at the halfway point as Eliud established himself as the race’s greatest performer.

Britain’s four-time Olympic champion was seen visibly frowning as he made into 5th place this year.

Speaking shortly after he said: ‘ I’m tired, I feel like I gave it all but it’s just one of these days’

‘I’ve given everything, and I did that, I tried my hardest but that’s what the result was – [I] can’t take anything from that.

‘He is a very special athlete and he is humble. If Eliud can run those sort of times it just gives us another level of possibility’

According to Mo Farah’s coach, he was attacked at a hotel in March, and could be the cause of his lack of performance.

There were more celebrations elsewhere as American Dan Romanchuk, won the men’s wheelchair race.

Swiss Manuela Schar won the women’s and Japan’s Misato Michishita was triumphant in the women’s visually impaired race.

This year’s race was officially launched in Blackheath by Sir Andy Murray, at 10:10 am.

Over 42,00 runners took part in this year’s marathon

Tens of thousands of amateur fundraisers closely followed behind the pro athletes, helping to raise over £1 billion.

 

 

 

 

A man in his 30’s has been arrested in connection to the fifth Edmonton stabbing

Schools are on lock down and some residents in of Edmonton have said they are too sacred to leave their homes as a serial attacker is on the loose.

Earlier today at approximately 5:00am a man believed to be in his 30’s was stabbed in Edmonton less than a mile from where four people were randomly attacked during the weekend.

The victim is said to have been walking with his friend where he was stabbed and his friend was left uninjured.

The victim was rushed to a major trauma centre nearby where he is currently in a life threatening condition. This brings the total number of knife crime to 5 in four days in just that area.

locals fear for their safety; a resident Kevin Ojo says  “It’s scary now, this is not normal. They can’t find this person, it’s just one guy.

“It’s been peaceful for a while until all this drama started coming up. Now I’m starting thinking about moving from this area, I’m not liking it.

“It could happen to anyone – my friends, my family, it could happen to me. It’s really scary.

“We don’t even know this guy they are talking about, so it’s really scary.”

The locals say they’ve been living in fear for the last 4 days as the serial attacker could be anyone walking on the street.

The description of the man believed to have carried out the four previous stabbings seems to match the fifth Edmonton stabbing the attacker has been described as a tall, skinny black man, wearing a hoody

The police has asked the locals to be vigilant and report any suspicious activity whilst they keep an ”open mind”  whether the attack is linked to the four other knife attacks over they weekend as they question a man in custody.

 

Man pronounced dead after a stabbing in Kentish Town

A man has been stabbed to death in North London following a Knife attack.

A murder investigation has been launched after a man, believed to be in his 20’s was stabbed.

He was pronounced dead at the scene after the police were called at approximately 8:30pm on Monday evening to Kentish Town, North-West London.

Reports of the stabbing  came in approximately 4 hours after two knife attacks in Chelmsford, Essex and Wokingham, Berkshire which left the two victims with serious injuries.

Detectives in London are also looking to apprehend a serial attacker who has stabbed four people, seemingly at random in Edmonton over the weekend. Detectives are investigating the possibility of a link to the Kentish Town stabbing.

The Camden New Journal says the victim is called Calvin Bungisa and he attended HaverStock schools in Kentish Town.

A friend of the victim told the Evening Standard: “He was loved. He has everyone out here, every culture in the area was out for him. He’s not lived his life yet.”

The killing happened on the same day as the Prime Minister, Theresa May hosted a summit in Downing Street on the rise of knife crime in Britain where she  referred to the issue as ”deep seated” saying “We cannot simply arrest ourselves out of this problem.”

Prior to the summit Theresa May issued a statement saying ”in recent months we’ve lost a really shocking number of young people to violent crimes  in our town and cities, and often the perpetrators are as young as their victims, we cannot allow this to continue, we must deal with it. we must use every tool and tactic at our disposal  to deter young people from carrying Knives and that means treating the problem of Knife issue like a disease taking public health approach to it…”

There have been over 40 fatal stabbing recorded this year in the UK with at least 23  stabbings in London.